Pages

Monday 7 June 2010

Lets Get Shabby - Paint, Lace and Chipboard

Yeayyyyy - finally got my Lets Get Shabby challenge completed and entered over on their blog ahead of time!!! (my time that is)!   Whatever will happen next!!!

Their challenge this month was to use paint, chipboard and lace in your project - loved the challenge and loved doing this little plaque.




The vintage lady images from Crafty Individuals were covered in clear embossing powder, heated up with my heat gun to melt it all and then popped into the freezer for about 15 mins - once removed from the freezer I lightly scrunched them up to create the cracks.  I then rubbed Walnut Stain into the cracks to highlight them.

2" pieces of chipboard were inked up with Dusty Concord and the embossed images glued on top.  A piece of chipboard was prepared with gesso and once dried a coat of lilac acrylic paint was applied with kitchen roll.  I then painted Tim Holtz crackle paint on it and once the cracks started to appear speeded the process up with my heat gun.  Dusty Concord was again rubbed into the cracks and then round the edges I added Diamond Glaze and covered the edges in little purple beads.  I then added a small rub-on quote to the centre of the painted chipboard.

Some very cheap lace from Boyes (30 pence for a huge bundle)!!  was added round the edge as a frame and because I couldn't stop there!!!! I then painted another piece of chipboard with gesso and then acrylic paint.  Once dried I inked up a lovely large flourish stamp and lightly stamped it round the edges.  A few butterflies were added and that's it I think. 

Here is a close up of one of the ladies and the crackle effect created with embossing and Tim Holtz crackle paint.

Again not very shabby - more your vintage style :O).  Just cannot do shabby - Oh well!  For fantastic inspiration please hop over and check out Lets Get Shabby - my fave site if you didnt already know lol. :O)



Well that's it for now

Thanks for looking TTFN

Polly xx

10 comments:

  1. Great crakled effect! So pretty, love your take on the challenge!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sweet Polly. Love the lace bow. Thanks ever so much for playing along with us at shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great technique Polly. I've heard of it but never dared to give it a go..am delighted to see it worked so well on the ladies.
    Love the Boyes bargain lace...I picked up peach and coffee lace last week!

    Thanks for playing along with our Chipboard paint and lace challenge at Shabby:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOOOOOOOOO I love this Polly, Crafty Individuals, lace, chipboard, paint embossing, loads of yummy techniques all rolled together to create a gorgeous entry. Blooming luvly!!!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Polly the finished article looks great, love the colour too
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its beautifully shabby Polly!!
    Thanks for such a wonderful explanation of a fab technique used and for playing along with us at Shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the crackled effect on the images...very clever. A lovely creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful hanging. I love the vintage colours you used and the images are beautiful. thanks for sharing. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Pretty!! Thanks so much for playing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! LOVE the lace frame!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete