Pages

Friday 11 June 2010

Playing with paint

For the last couple of nights I've been playing with cardboard, gesso, black paint and metallic rub-ons. You know when you get in that mood to create something that might just WOW yourself - well this is it!!!  I think :O


I've just used a piece of cardboard, cut out an aperture (saving the remainder for the insert), covered it in tissue paper (making sure I had lots of wrinkles for some texture) and once dried coated it in black acrylic paint.  I then rubbed in some gold metallic rub-ons to create a metallic finish.  Added some gorgeous lace from my stash  (Running with Scissors), spritzed some cream roses with Glimmer Mist and Diamond Stickles, some pearls were added and I used my Tim Holtz  Flourish Die Cut and that's it!!

Well thats it for now as I'm preparing a cigar box (got you one too Sue :O)  ) for holding some vintage tags that I'm in the middle of - Have a good weekend

Polly xx

4 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Polly what can I say!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOP eeeee WOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!
    FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!
    JUST UP MY STRETT!!!!!!!!!
    Can't beat getting out all the paints, glues, papers, pritzers, wax rubs, etc etc and mixing them all up together to create such a thing of pure beauty!!!!!!!! I knew you could do it, I am (well you may be able to tell already) loving youn wew stuff!!!! A woman after my own heart............. Speak to you soon. x Oh and can't wait to see the cigar box...... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRITZERS????????? I meant 'spritzers' lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that technique!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwwww, this is lovely Polly, beautifully put together, the techniques you used fit the project perfectly - can't wait to see what you create with the cigar box ( can't believe my MIL threw at least 40 of them - cigar boxes - out when we moved into her house a couple f years back !) Take care XXX

    ReplyDelete