Pages

Sunday 1 July 2012

Stampotique Challenge - Out of the Box

I finally have the full set of Stampotique Mermaids designed by Daniel Torrente - yeayyy!!!!  Have wanted these stamps for ages.  So time to join in with the current challenge over at Stampotique - Outside the Box  - in other words out of your comfort zone). 
As you know I'm not that comfortable making a mess - like things a little 'just so' so armed with a 8" flat canvas, Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans and Picket Fence Distress Stains and some water I made little puddles of colour on my mat and squashed my canvas on it to create the background.  Once dried I added splodges and flicks of black ink, daubed on some gold paint and drew a border round the canvas with a Black Sharpie pen.  I coloured my mermaids with Spectrum Noir pens, drew some clouds on some old text paper and daubed some white paint through some sequin waste.  I then stamped the Stampotique Bee stamp onto some acetate, cut out the wings and added them to the mermaids and here is my little wall hanging...


I really really like this and will definitely be creating more little canvases like these  :O)

Thanks for looking   
(2nd post of the day - must be something to do with getting up before 7am - got so much done!!!  )

Polly xx


16 comments:

  1. Well you stepping out of the box is fabulous-your canvas is GORGEOUS!!! The mermaids look amazing. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the mermaids too!! You really did a wonderful job on this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great canvas, beautiful colors and your mermaids are so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautifu. II love the way you used these mermaid stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, love the colouring

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is more than fabulous!! I absolutely love it and what a way to celebrate getting the full set of stamps.
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic background! Love this piece, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely awesome! Love every inch of it! Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Polly...this is stunning...I love these fabulous mermaids and your background is stunning.
    Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! Little canvas, great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Stunning canvas. It looks like you had so much fun and finished to such a high standard. Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work - love that backround.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on being featured in the Stampotique Designer's Challenge! I love the whimsical feeling of this canvas! Mermaids flying with bee wings in the clouds - who would have thought!?! Love it!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love this! These mermaids are on my wish list. STroke of genius to add wings to them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! The composition, the texture, the colours, they all come together for one big WOW!

    ReplyDelete