Pages

Monday 17 September 2012

Cupcake Craft Challenge - Gold and Script

It's my third week as Guest Designer over at Cupcake Craft Challenge and their theme this week is Gold and Script.

This week I thought I would create a little wall hanging so I got some Manilla paper and used Distress inks in Mustard Seed and Orange Marmalade to create a background.  I then inked up Tim Holtz Papillon Script with Versaink and stamped onto the background, added some gold embossing powder and heated it up.  I then cut out a piece of hardboard and popped that through the Big Shot using Tiim Holtz Baroque diecut and then used the same die on the background and glued both together.  I painted a Melissa Frances frame with Orange Paint Dabbers and then highlighted the raised areas with gold rubon.  I glued behind this the sentiment 'Life is short do what you love'.  Added a flourish, flower and a little gold hanger and here it is......

 
Please pop over the Cupcake Craft Challenges to see what all the very talented Design Team have created and join in with the challenge.

Thanks for looking

Polly x
 

6 comments:

  1. a what a beautiful piece and lovely sentiment will look great in your lovely home
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Polly, I love the pop of green against the gold x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Polly, I love your amazing wall hanging! So much detail has gone into this. Love your take on script and gold also. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Keeley! I think this is beautiful and would be proud to have it hanging on my wall Polly. Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, pretty Polly and love the yellow!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi polly! What an amazinglyy beautiful wallhanging! Such pretty details and love the colors!Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete