Pages

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Stampotique Challenge - Backgrounds


Wahaaayyyyyyy time again for a new challenge over at Stampotique Designers Challenge and this weeks theme has been set by the very talented  Carol Fox .  Here is what Carol has challenged us all with:

"It's my turn to set the theme this week for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge. I love to use my rubber stamps for my backgrounds, so this week you are challenged to use your stamps for your backgrounds, as well as your main focal image.

What I love about using your stamps in this way is that you can get a truly original background as even you will never be able to get the same one again."


I decided to use another one of my new stamps Winter (6053) as the main character.  As for the bacground well... I started off with a piece of 6x4" cardstock.  With a bowl of water I dropped 3 different Alcohol Inks into it and carefully dipped in my cardstock and let it dry.  Then I sponged distress inks around the edges and through a number stencil and then stamped with various colours of Stazon with the following stamps:- Abstract Foliage (3031), Dear Elizabeth Script (7202), Splatter (3014) to add background.  Colour My World was computer generated and here it is ....


Creating backgrounds with lots of inks and stamps is so much fun so why not hop on over to the Stampotique Designer blog for more DT inspiration. You can use any stamps you have too.  When done, link up your piece to the Stampotique Designer blog and who knows, the 30$ gift certicificate for Stampotique stamps might be yours!
 
Thanks for looking
 
Polly x

10 comments:

  1. always so much detail on the back grounds so effective and another great piece
    Hugs Kate xx
    cya Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly fantastic background - and a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polly, the background is fantastic! I just love the mix of colors!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Polly, I love your alcohol ink technique and how you've added the torn page. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't alcohol inks make such colorful backgrounds?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so spooky but such a wonderful creation

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Wonderful card !!! I love your background and the way you colored your Winter stamp, it's really fabulous ! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Polly, very atmospheric :o)love those colours!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rock the backgrounds Darling....
    xx
    sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. this background is just FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete