Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Stampotique Challenge - Paint


Yeayyyyyy time again for a new challenge over at Stampotique - this weeks them has been set by the very talented Libby.  Here is what Libby has to say about her challenge:-

"Ever since I can remember I've been inspired by my Gramma Betty. She is an amazing artist. I grew up watching her paint sets for our local community theater group she co-founded, painting make-up onto the faces of the actors, painting beautiful paintings with her oils and painting gorgeous cheeseboxes with her acrylics. With a paintbrush in her hand, there's nothing she can't do!

I chose the theme for this week's challenge in honor of my amazing grandmother. She can paint with any medium, and so can you - acrylics, watercolors, daubers, whatever your little heart desires. Just use same sort of PAINT on your project this week!"

I decided to paint a plain door hanger that I have had in my stash for yonks!!  I used TH Paint dabbers to paint the background and used paint on the stamps too (remember to wash the paint off the stamps once finished).  I coloured Dweeze (6102) in copics, stamped Abstract Foliage (3031) around the edge in TH Paint Dabbers.  Painted through some sequin waste with dabbers, added the text Do I look like a freakin' people person (8987), a torn off sheet of text paper from an old book, added the black and white border and here it is......


Why not pop over to Stampotique Designers Challenge site and see what amazing creations my fellow Design Team have created.  Don't forget that each month 2 lucky people will win a $30 gift certificate to spend on Stampotique stamps!

Polly x

11 comments:

  1. love the warmth on this one hun, and the layers of stamping with your little words just great
    take care
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Polly, it reminds me of something out of a Stampotique Christmas Carol - Dweeze is definitely Ebenezer Scrooge lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful hang door... Before I see on yours, I didn't like too much this character stamp you chose. But now, I find it really fabulous Lol !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Polly, what a great gift for someone x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great hanger and I think he DOES look like a freaking people person! lol Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! What a happy chap he is. Love the colours! Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fantastic door hanger! And I learned a new phrase - so many things have been in my stash for yonks! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the project and LOVE the sentiment.Perfect for a door hanger! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the project and the sentiment is great for a door hanger. x

    ReplyDelete